(3) The diptych: what did I learn

So, this is the what did I learn segment.

Love Letters image

A little recap.
Started by thinking about (maybe in parallel, but I  have a hypothesis pending) Kandinsky and Miro.
I also started by thinking of overlapping frames. I didn't add to the earlier note, but also remembered some studies I did a few years ago that I really liked how they turned out. And then combined them for: frames, luminosity, restful, celebratory and rhythm. Is that all... I don't know.

Starters

Kandinsky


Miro


the earlier study (overlapping frames) 

and rhythm

And this is what I came up with:
Love Letters image


So, what did I learn? 

I learned I can achieve a vision with feeling and spontaneity. I didn't quite know how this was going to turn out, but I started with a slight vision and elements I wanted to incorporate. And it seemed to turn out well. I'm very happy with it. I wanted to have a sense of rhythm and celebration and I think I did that too. 
This piece is 45" x 32"; I think seeing it so small also gives me a good sense for graphic voice in the piece as well. I called it "Love Letters"; but Gwen calls it "Letters from Venice". Either way, it's ok. 

I can do some planning and it will be ok. I can just be in the moment, and go with the inner voice and it'll be ok. I'm learning to have confidence in my intention, process and voice. And it's ok. :)

The Kandinsky and Miro pieces were somewhat helpful inspiration to "let go" and let that inner voice lead. 

13 Sep 2018 update Hey Y'all: I got a note from Andi from Artsy.net who suggested adding this link. The artsy.net Joan Miro page provides visitors with Miro's bio, over 1200 of his works, exclusive articles, and up-to-date Miro exhibition listings. The page also includes related artists and categories, allowing viewers to discover art beyond our Miro page. Check it out Miro-peeps!
Thanks Andi! 

adieu for now






Comments